Australia - Change Your College / Course

Australia - Change Your College / Course

You may decide to change your course or institute for various reasons like, better offer, or to continue to a higher level of study, better living standard, for more job opportunities or cheaper living costs. However, you will need to follow a few steps.

  1. You have to get into contact with the on-campus student services for help.

  2. Visit the Department of Home Affairs. Find out what are the student visa requirements for changing your course or college.

  3. Follow the instructions to the letter. This will help you maintain your visa.

  4. Work closely with your on-campus student advisor. 

  5. Manage all the documents related to your course cancellation and enrollment and keep them in order.

  6. Before you move or change your location, always notify your status and submit all necessary paperwork to the Department of Home Affairs.

Course Change

If you already have a valid visa and the date of expiration is not at hand, you do not have to apply for a new study visa.

Change of level of qualification

If you want to change the level of qualification you may have to apply for a new student visa. The reason is that your visa subclass may change. You must talk to the student advisors from your institute and the Department of Home Affairs.

Changing Institution

You can of course change your institution. However, if you have not completed your present course of study for six months in your present institution, you cannot change. 

To change institute you need to do the following:

  1. Ask for permission to change course or institute from your present institute.

  2. First, get a letter of offer from your desired institute. Then ask for permission to be released from your present institution.

Book Consultation

Book a FREE Consultation Today!

Schedule an appointment with one of our expert counsellors and get up-to-date information of your next admission and visa enquiries

Book Now